By December 31, 2011, a total of 3,703 MFIs reported reaching 195,014,970 clients with a current loan. Of these clients, 124,293,727 were among the poorest when they joined their respective programs. Approximately 89% of the poorest clients reported are in Asia, a continent that is home to just over 66% of the world’s people living on less than $1.25 a day.
In 2012, 637 practitioner institutions submitted an IAP, including 49 that had previously never done so. These 637 practitioners had 89% of all the poorest clients reported. This means that the data in this report is 89% current, and the remaining 11% is one or more years old.
Table 1: Figures as of December 31, 2011
Figure 1: Growth of Total Clients and Total Poorest Clients
(December 31, 1997, to December 31, 2011)
Figure 2: Growth Trajectory of Poorest Clients Reached
(2005 – 2015)
|← Previous: Tables and Figures (2013 Report)||Next: Verification Process (2013 Report) →|