Join us for the launch event of the 2014 State of the Campaign Report on Thursday, June 19 (3-5 PM) at Busboys and Poets on 14th Street. (Note that the event will take place in English.) Resilience: The State of the Microcredit Summit Campaign Report, 2014 emphasizes the key role that financial service providers can play in helping those living in extreme poverty to build resilience that protects them from falling back in their journey out of poverty.
The report highlights the roles that actors in the financial ecosystem can play in promoting the frameworks, systems, partnerships and strategies that deliver the types of products and service that help build resilience. These include:
- Microfinance providers: Partnering with health and other development sectors to help clients avoid or withstand shocks
- Commercial & Social Businesses: Building value chains that include rural producers
- Mobile Network Operators: Developing digital payments systems that connect savings groups and other aggregation points in remote rural areas to banks offering a range of financial products
- Regulators and Policy Makers: Promoting a financial inclusion ecosystem that reaches those in extreme poverty
- Government Social Welfare Programs: Linking CCTs to graduation programs and digital finance
The report calls for greater use of poverty measurement tools to be able to identify the challenges faced by those living in extreme poverty and the types of products and services they find most helpful in building resilience. It places the role of financial service providers within the context of the larger call from USAID, the World Bank and the UN to end extreme poverty by 2030, and calls for those involved in providing financial services to commit to specific actions they can take to build and expand pathways out of poverty.
When & Where
Thursday, June 19, 3-5 pm
Busboys and Poets
2021 14th St, NW
Want to write a review of the report?
Contact Sabina Rogers
Have you read the 2013 Report? Go up to “Previous Reports.”