By December 31, 2013, a total of 3,098 MFIs reported reaching 211,119,547 clients with a current loan. Of these clients, 114,311,586 were among the poorest when they joined their respective programs. Approximately 89% of the poorest clients reported are in Asia, a continent that is now home to just over 15% of the world’s people living on less than $1.90 a day (PPP 2011); the extreme poverty rate in Asia has dropped dramatically from the 64% previously estimated by the World Bank (2005 PPP).
In 2014, 172 practitioner institutions submitted an IAP, including 10 that had previously never done so. These 172 practitioners had 83% of all the poorest clients reported. This means that the data in this report is 83% current, and the remaining 17% is one or more years old.
Table 1: Figures as of December 31, 2013
Figure 2: Growth Trajectory of Poorest Clients Reached
(2005 – 2015)
|← Previous: 2015 Report > Tables and Figures||Next: 2015 Report > Verification Process →|
Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- Where’s the Map?
- Global Data Show Diverging Paths
- Integrated Health and Microfinance
- Saving Groups
- Graduation Programs
- Agricultural Value Chains
- Conditional Cash-Transfer Programs
- Digital Finance
- Read the Full Report
- Get Your Copy
- Français (Coming soon!)
- Español (Coming soon!)
- Arabic (Coming soon!)