Of the 114.3 million poorest clients reached in 2013, 96.4 million of them (87.5%) are being served by the 84 largest institutions and networks reporting to the Campaign, all with 100,000 or more poorest clients. Table 5 shows the breakdown by size of the 3,723 institutions whose data are included in this report.
Table 5: Reporting Institutions by Size
(December 31, 2013)
* Networks include umbrella organizations providing financial support (Ananya Finance for Inclusive Growth and Foundation for a Sustainable Society, Inc.), technical support (Association of Asian Confederation of Credit Unions, All India Association for Micro Enterprise Development, and Foundation for a Sustainable Society, Inc.), promotion and development support (NABARD), and large Government-sponsored programs (Bangladesh Rural Development Board and Mahila Arthik Vikas Mahamandal.
Figure 3: Change in Reporting Institutions by Size
(December 31. 2009, to December 31, 2013)
In 2014, 8 MFIs would not report their outreach to the poorest. Of this group, 6 were located in Latin America, 2 were in Asia, and 1 was in Sub-Saharan Africa. From this group, one MFI in Asia did not report poorest outreach because they did not gather this information, while one of the Latin American MFIs had not yet counted their poorest clients, as it was their first attempt at using the PPI tool.
One MFI located in Asia reported a 90% decline in poorest outreach due to an increase in loan size for which less poorest clients qualified.
Table 6: Reporting Institutions by Size from December 31, 2012, to December 31, 2013
|← 2015 Report > Institutions Reporting for the First Time||2015 Report > Women Clients Reached →|
Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- Where’s the Map?
- Global Data Show Diverging Paths
- Integrated Health and Microfinance
- Saving Groups
- Graduation Programs
- Agricultural Value Chains
- Conditional Cash-Transfer Programs
- Digital Finance
- Read the Full Report
- Get Your Copy
- Français (Coming soon!)
- Español (Coming soon!)
- Arabic (Coming soon!)